Friday, January 27, 2012

The Sun Smashed In On Me



The sun smashed in on me
From the brightness of your joy.
And with your slightest caress,
The gentlest rays,
Light on fire the caverns of my chest -
oranges and reds -
the sun's glow,
sparking the dying embers
crackling in my heart - not old -
but ill...aching.
Nooks and crannies decades lost
flush in that cleansing flame.
The shine of the new -
Irredeemably dulled from idealism's lost hope -
Rejuvenate to the more subtle gleam
of one since found.

My dear one,
Each heaviest breath,
Drawn deeper to
Hold you in....tight,
Asks more of my backbone and slumping form
Than any breath prior.
And yet, meaning fraught,
fulfillment found,
Tending that tiny soul,
Destined for God's eternity.
The seeping weight-
leaking love's pearly tears -
yet buouys me up with the
light of our joy, weightless
Never before known to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment